ONLINE OPEN HOUSE: July 10-July 14, 2017
The fire station and reservoir project will meet neighborhood and city goals for greater safety and water supply reliability.
The Joint Project Site
- City-owned parcel on N 30th Street
- Fire station in front (southern) portion of site; reservoir in rear (northern) portion of site
- Location characteristics for site fit a combined need
- Originally purchased for Fire Station 15, strategic location for service
- Adds water storage on west side of I-405
- Critical elevation for water pressure
- Site achieves cost savings from co-location of services
Fire Station 15 Capital Budget- $5.5 Million
(Annual Operations and maintenance cost of $32,000)
Funding for a new Fire Station 15 was part of the package approved by Renton and Fire District #25 voters in April 2016’s Proposition 1, establishing the RRFA.
Reservoir Capital Budget = $7 Million
Funding for the design and construction of the new reservoir will be from the Water Utility Capital Improvement Program budget.